Child Abuse Prevention Collaborative
In 2019, Prevent Child Abuse Oregon began to convene a network of organizations that work in different capacities to strengthen families and protect children. The organizations were invited based on their statewide lens and reach in local communities with prevention programming and services. Our goal is to build deep partnerships that identify and address statewide challenges in the field of child abuse prevention.
The Child Abuse Prevention Collaborative (CAP Collaborative) includes statewide organizations representing direct service providers and advocates who strengthen families with young children, protect victims of abuse, and help to heal children who have been abused – so that they can thrive in adulthood.
Together, the CAP Collaborative represents 10 programs serving thousands of children in Oregon annually.
Partners currently include:
- Attorney General’s Sexual Assault Task Force (AGSATF)
- Kinship Navigator Program of Greater Oregon Behavioral Health (GOBHI)
- Nurse Family Partnership (NFP)
- Oregon Abuse Advocates and Survivors in Service (OAASIS)
- Oregon Association of Relief Nurseries (OARN)
- Oregon CASA Network (OCN)
- Oregon Child Abuse Solutions (OCAS)
- Oregon Head Start Association
- Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative (OPEC)
- Our Children Oregon (OCO)
- Prevent Child Abuse Oregon (PCAO)
- Protect Our Children, a project of the Ford Family Foundation
Are you working on primary prevention at the state-level and interested in joining this effort? Please contact Pamela Heisler, Executive Director, Pamela@preventchildabuseoregon.org.