April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and Prevent Child Abuse Oregon will proudly be participating in the national Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign. To learn more about how we will be participating in the campaign, download the campaign manual here.
The campaign features a blue pinwheel to represent the healthy, carefree childhoods free from abuse and neglect we long to see for every child. More than a million pinwheels have been distributed since the campaign began, and April is the best time of year to join the campaign and show your support for healthy child development and child abuse prevention.
Getting involved is easy and there are many options to participate. You can:
• Plant a pinwheel garden
• Work with your local city building, school, library or others to plant gardens in public spaces
• Post signs and information at public buildings
• Create pinwheel bouquets with message tags to give away
• Integrate pinwheels with other events you are hosting
• Help plan a parent training with with local partners
• Host a rally
• Ask your city or county for a Child Abuse Prevention Month Proclamation
• Plan a family friendly fun-run
• Write an Op Ed to submit to your local paper about how important healthy, strong, families are to our communities
We are working hard to unite all of the Pinwheels for Prevention® activities occurring throughout the state. To take part in the campaign and have access to the materials and resources, Prevent Child Abuse Oregon requests a completed Commitment Form submitted to email@example.com. This is one of the ways we can track everything that is happening and support local efforts by sharing, cross posting on social media, and promoting local gardens and events. We will also be recognizing local organizations and businesses throughout the month of April and May.
Prevent Child Abuse Oregon will be participating in this campaign, but due to capacity issues all of our pinwheel orders will be taken by Prevent Child Abuse Washington.
To place a pinwheel order, follow these steps:
• Download and complete the Pinwheels for Prevention® order form
• Email completed order form to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please contact email@example.com or call (833) 827-2267 with any questions.
Thank you all for your patience, your understanding, and for your continued commitment to ensure great childhoods for all Oregon’s children.