Here at PCAO, we know that kids are safe and supported when their parents are safe and supported. For that reason we’ve compiled a few resources here for parents in Oregon who are looking for help, whether it be immediate assistance, parenting classes, or preparing for natural disasters. This list is by no means exhaustive, but should give parents a jumping off point.
Immediate Assistance/Basic Needs:
- 211info – call, text, or download the app and get connected to resources in your community, from energy assistance, to housing, food, and shelter.
- Oregon Health Plan – health insurance for those who qualify, and kids can qualify even if parents do not.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – food benefits for those who qualify.
- Oregon Parent Education Collaborative – regional collaboratives that offer evidence-based parenting education, much of which is free for parents.
- FEMA – tips and information for how to best prepare your family in the case of a disaster.
Do you know of a resource we are missing? Let us know! Email the link to email@example.com.